- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 baked round white cake layers (9-inch), cooled
- 2 c boiling water
- 1 pkg (8-serving size) Lemon Flavor Gelatin
- 1 c cold milk
- 1 pkg (4-serving size) Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 3 c thawed cool whip
- Place cake layers, top-sides up, in two clean 9-inch round cake pans.
- Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in medium bowl at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Carefully pour evenly over cake layers. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping; set aside.
- Dip one cake pan in warm water 10 sec.; unmold onto serving plate. Spread with about 1 cup of the pudding mixture. Unmold second cake layer; carefully place on first cake layer.
- Frost top and side of cake with remaining pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
- Variation - use chocolate cake, raspberry jello and chocolate pudding
NotesWe love this light cake. It's a great one for Spring. My sister-in-law made it for Easter Sunday dinner this year.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Summertime SippersSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More