- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 baked round white cake layers (9-inch), cooled
- 2 c boiling water
- 1 pkg (8-serving size) Lemon Flavor Gelatin
- 1 c cold milk
- 1 pkg (4-serving size) Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 3 c thawed cool whip
- Place cake layers, top-sides up, in two clean 9-inch round cake pans.
- Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in medium bowl at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Carefully pour evenly over cake layers. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping; set aside.
- Dip one cake pan in warm water 10 sec.; unmold onto serving plate. Spread with about 1 cup of the pudding mixture. Unmold second cake layer; carefully place on first cake layer.
- Frost top and side of cake with remaining pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
- Variation - use chocolate cake, raspberry jello and chocolate pudding
NotesWe love this light cake. It's a great one for Spring. My sister-in-law made it for Easter Sunday dinner this year.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Simple Homemade Favorites
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More