- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (18 1/4 oz.) lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 oz.) Jell-O instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds (or to taste)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease bundt pan or a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with shortening and lightly flour.
- Beat cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs and water on low speed about 30 seconds, then increase to medium speed and mix 3 minutes. If mixing by hand, beat about 4 minutes. Mix in the poppy seeds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake between 35-55 minutes, depending on the size of your pan or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. When cake is done and still hot, poke holes all over and pour the *glaze over it. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- For glaze, mix the juice of the lemons with the powdered sugar. It should be of a thin consistency. Serves 8-10
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More