- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (18 1/4 oz.) lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 oz.) Jell-O instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds (or to taste)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease bundt pan or a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with shortening and lightly flour.
- Beat cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs and water on low speed about 30 seconds, then increase to medium speed and mix 3 minutes. If mixing by hand, beat about 4 minutes. Mix in the poppy seeds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake between 35-55 minutes, depending on the size of your pan or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. When cake is done and still hot, poke holes all over and pour the *glaze over it. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- For glaze, mix the juice of the lemons with the powdered sugar. It should be of a thin consistency. Serves 8-10
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More