- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/3 C lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 C oil
- 1 T poppy seeds
- 1 or 2 heads head romaine lettuce
- 4 oz. (1 C) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 C cashews
- 1/4 C sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1 pear, cubed
- In blender container or food processor bowl with metal blade, combine
- sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard and salt. Cover & process until blended.
- With machine running, add oil in slow steady stream, processing until thick
- and smooth. Add poppy seed; process a few seconds to mix.
- In large serving bowl, combine all salad ingredients; toss to mix.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat.
NotesThis was originally a Thanksgiving Day salad but has now become an everyday family favorite!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More