- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/3 C lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 C oil
- 1 T poppy seeds
- 1 or 2 heads head romaine lettuce
- 4 oz. (1 C) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 C cashews
- 1/4 C sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1 pear, cubed
- In blender container or food processor bowl with metal blade, combine
- sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard and salt. Cover & process until blended.
- With machine running, add oil in slow steady stream, processing until thick
- and smooth. Add poppy seed; process a few seconds to mix.
- In large serving bowl, combine all salad ingredients; toss to mix.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat.
NotesThis was originally a Thanksgiving Day salad but has now become an everyday family favorite!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More