- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/3 C lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 C oil
- 1 T poppy seeds
- 1 or 2 heads head romaine lettuce
- 4 oz. (1 C) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 C cashews
- 1/4 C sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1 pear, cubed
- In blender container or food processor bowl with metal blade, combine
- sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard and salt. Cover & process until blended.
- With machine running, add oil in slow steady stream, processing until thick
- and smooth. Add poppy seed; process a few seconds to mix.
- In large serving bowl, combine all salad ingredients; toss to mix.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat.
NotesThis was originally a Thanksgiving Day salad but has now become an everyday family favorite!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Georgene's Decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
Charles' Birthday Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Rum Raisin Pudding My WaySee More