- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/3 C lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 C oil
- 1 T poppy seeds
- 1 or 2 heads head romaine lettuce
- 4 oz. (1 C) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 C cashews
- 1/4 C sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1 pear, cubed
- In blender container or food processor bowl with metal blade, combine
- sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard and salt. Cover & process until blended.
- With machine running, add oil in slow steady stream, processing until thick
- and smooth. Add poppy seed; process a few seconds to mix.
- In large serving bowl, combine all salad ingredients; toss to mix.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat.
NotesThis was originally a Thanksgiving Day salad but has now become an everyday family favorite!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More