- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 c. butter or margarine
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tb. milk
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1/4 c. poppy seed
- In mixing bowl, cream butter & sugar.
- Beat in egg, milk, lemon peel & extracts.
- Add flour & poppy seeds; mix well.
- Shape into two 8" rolls; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3 hrs. or 'til firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4" slices.
- Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake @ 350'F for 10-12 min. or 'til edges are golden.
- Cool for 2 min. before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Yield: 5 1/2 dozen
NotesI wish I could take credit for coming up with these cookies, but alas, the credit goes to TOH!! This is one of the best cookies I've come across!! Light, crisp, delicate lemon flavor ~ they are wonderful with a nice hot cup of tea!!
Lemon Poppyseed Slices
TOH ~ Best of Country Cookies
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More