- Cooking Time: 85 minutes
- Servings: 1 loaf
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 c. cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs. lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 tbs. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar on low.
- Add eggs, one a time.
- Add flour and salt.
- Increase speed to medium-high
- Add in lemon juice and zest and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
NotesI love lemon. It is such a refreshing taste, so this pound cake is ideal for lemon-lovers like me. This pound cake has a subtle lemon flavor and is perfect for a summertime snack. This pound cake is great for when the kids have a friend over or for when unexpected company arrives. I always have it on hand.
MetroCooking Texas 2013
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More