- Cooking Time: 85 minutes
- Servings: 1 loaf
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 c. cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs. lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 tbs. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar on low.
- Add eggs, one a time.
- Add flour and salt.
- Increase speed to medium-high
- Add in lemon juice and zest and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
NotesI love lemon. It is such a refreshing taste, so this pound cake is ideal for lemon-lovers like me. This pound cake has a subtle lemon flavor and is perfect for a summertime snack. This pound cake is great for when the kids have a friend over or for when unexpected company arrives. I always have it on hand.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More