- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups a.p. flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- About 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (my addition to the recipe...can't seem to not bake without vanilla)
- 5 oz fresh raspberries (I ended up using a 12 oz bag of frozen raspberries, defrosted & drained)
- Glaze (optional)
- 1/4 cup cran-raspberry juice
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz melted white chocolate for garnish (optional but way good)
- Preheat oven to 400'F. Melt the butter and set it aside to cool.
- Stir together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the lemon zest and mix in.
- Pour the lemon juice into a measuring cup. Add enough milk to the measuring cup, with the lemon juice in it, to equal just under 1 cup.
- Beat in the egg, melted butter and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir only until the batter is just combined.
- Fold in the raspberries
- Fill 12 paper baking cup lined muffin pans with the batter and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing the muffins from the pan as the muffins are really moist and almost fragile. Set them on a rack to cool for another 10 - 15 minutes
- Combine the cran-raspberry juice and the powdered sugar until sugar is dissolved. Spread 1 teaspoon of the glaze over each muffin.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over each muffin
NotesI came across this recipe several months ago and just got around to giving it a try. What a wonderfully easy muffin recipe with incredible flavor!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More