- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups a.p. flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- About 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (my addition to the recipe...can't seem to not bake without vanilla)
- 5 oz fresh raspberries (I ended up using a 12 oz bag of frozen raspberries, defrosted & drained)
- Glaze (optional)
- 1/4 cup cran-raspberry juice
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz melted white chocolate for garnish (optional but way good)
- Preheat oven to 400'F. Melt the butter and set it aside to cool.
- Stir together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the lemon zest and mix in.
- Pour the lemon juice into a measuring cup. Add enough milk to the measuring cup, with the lemon juice in it, to equal just under 1 cup.
- Beat in the egg, melted butter and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir only until the batter is just combined.
- Fold in the raspberries
- Fill 12 paper baking cup lined muffin pans with the batter and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing the muffins from the pan as the muffins are really moist and almost fragile. Set them on a rack to cool for another 10 - 15 minutes
- Combine the cran-raspberry juice and the powdered sugar until sugar is dissolved. Spread 1 teaspoon of the glaze over each muffin.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over each muffin
NotesI came across this recipe several months ago and just got around to giving it a try. What a wonderfully easy muffin recipe with incredible flavor!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More