- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 medium green onions, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup long grain white rice
- 4 large eggs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat. Add the green onions and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently until the onions are tender.
- Stir in the chicken broth and rice. Bring to boiling on medium high heat. Reduce to low heat. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Rice should be tender.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a wire whisk. Add the lemon juice and 1/2 cup of the broth mixture.
- Gradually add the lemon juice mixture to the broth mixture, stirring constantly. Cook on low heat for 3 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Boiling will cause the soup to curdle and be very lumpy. Stir in the white pepper.
NotesA creamy rice soup with a touch of lemon and minced green onions.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More