- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 - 14
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 oz.) carton ricotta cheese
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Garnish with fresh mint leavs and lemon slices, if desired
- In a bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, butter and lemon peel. Press into the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and ricotta until smooth. Combine sugar and cornstarch; add to cheese mixture and beat well. Add eggs and cream, beating on low speed just until combined. Beat in lemon juice, peel and vanilla just until blended. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 70 to 80 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish, if desired.
NotesTOH Holiday Celebrations 2003 offered this version
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More