- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe came from Bon Appetit magazine, I believe November issue 2007. It is a nice twist on an old classic!
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 pounds green beans -- trimmed
- 1 onion -- peeled, cut into 8 wedges
- 6 large fresh marjoram sprigs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel -- (packed)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Marcona almonds or roasted regular almonds
- Position 1 rack in top third and 1 rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 450°F. Spray 2 large rimmed baking sheets with nonstick spray. Combine green beans, onion wedges, and marjoram in large bowl. Drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with coarse kosher salt and pepper. Toss; divide between prepared sheets.
- Roast vegetables 15 minutes. Reverse sheets. Continue to roast until beans are tender and beginning to brown in spots, about 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer vegetables to bowl. Add lemon juice, grated lemon peel, and half of chopped almonds. Toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining almonds.