- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe was inspired by items I already had on hand: lemon, fresh rosemary, chicken breasts, and Parmesan cheese. Add some pantry staples, and here is a fresh and fulfilling dish that mixes a bright citrus flavor with a savory fresh herb. Dried rosemary can be substituted if necessary.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or tenders
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- sliced green onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Brush 1 tbsp olive oil in a 2 1/2 to 3 quart baking dish.
- Arrange 3 springs of rosemary in the bottom of the dish and top with chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine leaves from remaining 3 sprigs of rosemary with lemon zest,
- Parmesan cheese, remaining olive oil, garlic, and salt.
- Mix well and spread over chicken.
- Arrange lemon wedges around chicken.
- Top with fresh ground black pepper.
- Top chicken with sliced green onions, as desired.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- If you don’t feel like heating up the oven, this dish could just as easily be prepared in a skillet on the stove.
- Juice lemon and add to olive oil, garlic, rosemary, and salt to create a sauce. Omit Parmesan cheese and pepper until the last five minutes of cooking time and sprinkle on top. Green onions can be added at any time.