Lemon Rosemary Coconut Oil Roasted Veggies
2 cups baby carrots or trimmed carrots
1 cup Brussels sprouts, halved
1 cup green beans, trimmed
1 cup broccoli florets
about 4 tablespoons coconut oil, divided; melted or softened
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
juice of half of one lemon
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper & place vegetables on tray
2. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or if solid, sprinkle small pea-sized pieces haphazardly over the vegetables and toss vegetables to coat.
3. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt, pepper, or any additional herbs and spices desired.
4. Squeeze the juice from the lemon over the vegetables, and bake for about 25 minutes, flipping them over midway through cooking.
5. Add 1 to 2 additional tablespoons coconut oil, or as necessary, if they look dry when flipping.
6. Bake until vegetables are fork-tender and browned. Keep an eye on any cruciferous vegetables, especially broccoli, as it's prone to burning and pull it in advance of the other vegetables if necessary. Serve immediately.
Extra vegetables can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Pairs Well With
A perfect side dish, or even main star to any dinner! The lemon and rosemary pair perfectly with the sweetness and flavor of the coconut oil. Plus the coconut oil is an extremely healthy and stable oil to cook with.