- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Powdered Sugar
- Lemon Juice
- 1 drop yellow food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter or margarin and brown sugar with an electric mixer or medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in lemn zest, lemon extract, and vanilla.
- Add flour and salt to butter/sugar mixture and blend well. With a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface, roll out dough 1/4 inch thick. Cut out cookies using a 2 inch round cutter and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Reroll scraps.
- Bake 13-15 minutes until cookies are pale golden but not brown. Let stand 2 minutes. Remove to a rack and let cool completely.
- Mix enough powdered sugar and lemon juice to make thin mixture. Dip cookie tops in frosting. Place back on rack until frosting hardens.
NotesI received this recipe from one of my former co-workers Gina Roberds. Yum Yum!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More