- Cooking Time: 15–20 (total cook time)
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp sugar
- Pinch crushed red peppers or Szechwan* pepper
- 4 oz bean thread noodles or vermicelli
- 10 shrimp, 16/20 count
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- Combine fish sauce, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, and red pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Cook bean thread noodles or vermicelli until al dente.
- Cook shrimp in a wok with tomato.
- Squeeze in lemon juice.
- Add cooked noodles to shrimp.
- Add sauce. Adjust seasoning with salt and white pepper.
- Plate and serve.
Notes*SZECHWAN PEPPER; SZECHWAN (also SZECHUAN) [SEHCH-wahn, SEHCH-oo-ahn] - Native to the Szechwan province of China, this mildly hot spice comes from the prickly ash tree. Though not related to the peppercorn family, Szechwan berries resemble black peppercorns but contain a tiny seed.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Short & SweetSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More