- Cooking Time: 15–20 (total cook time)
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp sugar
- Pinch crushed red peppers or Szechwan* pepper
- 4 oz bean thread noodles or vermicelli
- 10 shrimp, 16/20 count
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- Combine fish sauce, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, and red pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Cook bean thread noodles or vermicelli until al dente.
- Cook shrimp in a wok with tomato.
- Squeeze in lemon juice.
- Add cooked noodles to shrimp.
- Add sauce. Adjust seasoning with salt and white pepper.
- Plate and serve.
Notes*SZECHWAN PEPPER; SZECHWAN (also SZECHUAN) [SEHCH-wahn, SEHCH-oo-ahn] - Native to the Szechwan province of China, this mildly hot spice comes from the prickly ash tree. Though not related to the peppercorn family, Szechwan berries resemble black peppercorns but contain a tiny seed.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More