- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 72
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA fun kid's cooking idea and great meal for any shrimp lover! Also, this has bailed me out in many an "oops" situation or just when I needed a quick appetizer.
- 1/2 lb. medium shrimp, cooked, peeled & deveined
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbl. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbl. dry sherry
- 2 tbl. parsley, chopped
- 14 slices white bread, thinly sliced & crusts removed -OR-
- 7 large white flour tortillas
- 2 tbl. butter, softened
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place shrimp, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sherry, salt, and pepper in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the parsley.
- Place 2 slices of the bread end to end, overlapping by 1/2 inch.
- With a rolling pin, roll bread into a very thin 7x4-inch rectangle.
- Spread lightly with butter, then spread with 2 tablespoons of the shrimp mixture.
- Roll bread up tightly from the short side, jelly-roll fashion.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours.
- Repeat process with remaining bread.
- If you use the flour tortillas, spread the butter and shrimp mixture across the center of the tortilla - covering completely but leaving 1/8 of an inch from the edge bare - without any mixture. (This allows for mixture to spread out as you roll.)
- Starting from one end, roll up the tortilla very tightly.
- Once it is rolled, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- To serve, remove the plastic wrap and slice into individual pinwheels.
- The tortilla's ends will be discarded.
- Arrange pinwheels on serving tray or platter.