- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 72
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb. medium shrimp, cooked, peeled & deveined
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbl. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbl. dry sherry
- 2 tbl. parsley, chopped
- 14 slices white bread, thinly sliced & crusts removed -OR-
- 7 large white flour tortillas
- 2 tbl. butter, softened
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place shrimp, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sherry, salt, and pepper in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the parsley.
- Place 2 slices of the bread end to end, overlapping by 1/2 inch.
- With a rolling pin, roll bread into a very thin 7x4-inch rectangle.
- Spread lightly with butter, then spread with 2 tablespoons of the shrimp mixture.
- Roll bread up tightly from the short side, jelly-roll fashion.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours.
- Repeat process with remaining bread.
- If you use the flour tortillas, spread the butter and shrimp mixture across the center of the tortilla - covering completely but leaving 1/8 of an inch from the edge bare - without any mixture. (This allows for mixture to spread out as you roll.)
- Starting from one end, roll up the tortilla very tightly.
- Once it is rolled, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- To serve, remove the plastic wrap and slice into individual pinwheels.
- The tortilla's ends will be discarded.
- Arrange pinwheels on serving tray or platter.
NotesA fun kid's cooking idea and great meal for any shrimp lover! Also, this has bailed me out in many an "oops" situation or just when I needed a quick appetizer.
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More