- Cooking Time: 20-30
- Servings: about a dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbl butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2-4 tbls champagne
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- zest from 1 large lemon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Fill a cupcake pan with liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg. Then stir in the sour cream, vanilla extract, and lemon extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- Spread evenly in the cupcake pan (should have about 12 cupcakes).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Check with toothpick test.
- Cool completely.
- For the glaze:
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over low heat.
- Add the sugar and 2 tbls champagne, more if you need it thinner.
- Stir till sugar is dissolved.
- Dip the tops of the cupcakes in the glaze
NotesI found this recipe online while looking for a simple lemon cupcake recipe. It came out well, I'll be making it again. This is adapted a bit from the original, mostly to make it not mini cupcakes. The glaze is mine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More