LEMON SPRITZ COOKIES
- 1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine, softened (12 tablespoons or 6 ounces)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, at room temperature
- 1 tsp lemon peel, finely grated
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven at 350°.
In a mixing bowl, combine butter or margarine, lemon juice, and lemon peel.
In another mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt.
Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients just until moistened.
Spoon dough into a cookie press with desired template in place.
Press cookies about 2" apart onto lightly greased or sprayed baking sheets.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or lightly browned.
Makes about 3 dozen.
From Diana Rattray, Your Guide to Southern U.S. Cuisine at about.com