- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine, softened (12 tablespoons or 6 ounces)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, at room temperature
- 1 tsp lemon peel, finely grated
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven at 350°.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter or margarine, lemon juice, and lemon peel.
- In another mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon dough into a cookie press with desired template in place.
- Press cookies about 2" apart onto lightly greased or sprayed baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or lightly browned.
- Makes about 3 dozen.
NotesI bought a new cookie press so searched for a different kind of cookie recipe. Found this, looks good.
From Diana Rattray, Your Guide to Southern U.S. Cuisine at about.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Cooking with SabraSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More