- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI bought a new cookie press so searched for a different kind of cookie recipe. Found this, looks good.
From Diana Rattray, Your Guide to Southern U.S. Cuisine at about.com
- 1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine, softened (12 tablespoons or 6 ounces)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, at room temperature
- 1 tsp lemon peel, finely grated
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven at 350°.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter or margarine, lemon juice, and lemon peel.
- In another mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon dough into a cookie press with desired template in place.
- Press cookies about 2" apart onto lightly greased or sprayed baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or lightly browned.
- Makes about 3 dozen.