- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cup butter
- 2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
- (the peel from 2 small lemons)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 cups flour
- In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla, lemon peel and salt. Beat until smooth.
- Beating on low speed, gradually add flour. Stir by hand, if necessary.
- May be used in cookie press or shaped into balls or logs by hand.
- Bake at 400 until just SET, but not brown. Will only take a few minutes.
- Frost by drizzling with frosting made of lemon juice, powdered sugar and yellow food coloring.
- Note: Save egg whites to use in Coconut Macaroon recipe
MidLife Road Trip's
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More