- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cup butter
- 2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
- (the peel from 2 small lemons)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 cups flour
- In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla, lemon peel and salt. Beat until smooth.
- Beating on low speed, gradually add flour. Stir by hand, if necessary.
- May be used in cookie press or shaped into balls or logs by hand.
- Bake at 400 until just SET, but not brown. Will only take a few minutes.
- Frost by drizzling with frosting made of lemon juice, powdered sugar and yellow food coloring.
- Note: Save egg whites to use in Coconut Macaroon recipe