- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely ground
- 1 cup flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Beat the butter, sugar and egg yolk with an electric mixer. Mix in the flour. Stir in the walnuts, mixing until dough comes together. Cover dough and chill for about an hour.
- Lightly oil a 9 1/2 inch tart pan. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Arrange in pan. Trim to fit. Line crust with foil or parchment paper and weight with beans or pie weights. Bake at 400ºF until edge is light golden brown, about 10 to 20 minutes. Watch carefully so as not to burn!
- Remove the beans and foil, and continue cooking until bottom is dry, about 5 min. Cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar. Add lemon juice and cream. Whisk until combined. Strain mixture into crust.
- Bake tart at 350ºF until filling is set, about 25 to 30 min. Cool at room temperature.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream, if desired
Notesthis is very delicious and if you wish you could substitue pecans for walnuts
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Fun appetizers and snacks
Castello Cheese: Unlock Your Inner Chef (Inspired by Burnt, the Film)See More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More