- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups butter, room temperature*
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cornstarch (yes, this is correct!)
- * Very important that you use room temperature butter (not completely softened or melted).
- Lemon Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add powdered sugar; cream until light and fluffy. Add lemon zest and vanilla extract; beat well. Add flour and cornstarch into butter mixture and beat well until well mixed.
- Roll cookie dough into 1-inch balls. Place onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake 15 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from oven, carefully remove from baking sheet, and cool on wire racks (when warm the cookies are VERY delicate). When cool, spread Lemon Frosting onto top of cookies.
NotesThese cookies just melt in your mouth!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More