- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 2 cups all-purpose flour
- * 1 cup sugar
- * 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- * 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- * 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- * 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- * 3 tablespoons milk
- * 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with Reynolds® Parchment Paper or silicone baking sheets.
- Put the flour, sugar, baking soda, pepper, and thyme into a bowl and whisk together to combine. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, milk, lemon juice, and zest. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon until you form a nice smooth dough.
- Roll heaping teaspoonfuls of the dough into balls. Place them about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake the cookies about 12 to 15 minutes, or until they are browned around the edges. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes and then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
NotesThis cookie recipe uses olive oil for the fat!
It's a great cookie to bring to tea parties.
You can substitute just about whatever herb you'd like for the Thyme.
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More