- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 2 cups all-purpose flour
- * 1 cup sugar
- * 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- * 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- * 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- * 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- * 3 tablespoons milk
- * 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with Reynolds® Parchment Paper or silicone baking sheets.
- Put the flour, sugar, baking soda, pepper, and thyme into a bowl and whisk together to combine. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, milk, lemon juice, and zest. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon until you form a nice smooth dough.
- Roll heaping teaspoonfuls of the dough into balls. Place them about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake the cookies about 12 to 15 minutes, or until they are browned around the edges. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes and then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
NotesThis cookie recipe uses olive oil for the fat!
It's a great cookie to bring to tea parties.
You can substitute just about whatever herb you'd like for the Thyme.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More