- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 6 eggs,separated
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/14 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 T. grated lemon zest
- 1 (10 oz.) jar lemon curd, divided
- Glaze and garnish:
- 1/4 cup lemon liqueur (such as Limoncello)
- 1/2 cup prepared lemonade
- Confectioners' sugar
- Lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease bottom oa 9 inch springform pan.
- Line bottom with parchment paper
- Grease parchment paper
- Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl., add salt and cream of tartar. Beat until rothy with a mixer at hight speed. Add granulated sugar gradually. Beat until soft peaks form 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place egg yolks in asmall bowl and stir with a fork. Add extracts. Fold into egg whites. Gradually fold in flour. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Beat Whipping cream and granulated sugar with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate. Combine mascarpone cheese and confectioners' sugar, beat with mixer at medium speed. Blend in ricotta cheese. Add vanilla lemon zest and 1/3 cup lemon curd; mix well. Fold in whipped cream.
- To prepare topping, spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons filling into remaining lemoncur in jar. Set aside.
- Glaze: combine lemon liqueur and lemonade.
- Assemble: remove parchement paper from cake. Using a serrated knife, carefully slice into three layers. Brush first laywer with 1/4 cup glaze and spread with 1 1/2 cups filling. Top with second layer and brush on 1/4 cupl glaze and spread with 1 1/2 cups filling. Top with third layer and brush on remaining glaze. Spread top with leom curd topping. Frost sides with remaining filling.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, dust cake with confections' sugar and garnish with lemon slices.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Sailstad Family Cookbook
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More