- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 6 eggs,separated
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/14 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 T. grated lemon zest
- 1 (10 oz.) jar lemon curd, divided
- Glaze and garnish:
- 1/4 cup lemon liqueur (such as Limoncello)
- 1/2 cup prepared lemonade
- Confectioners' sugar
- Lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease bottom oa 9 inch springform pan.
- Line bottom with parchment paper
- Grease parchment paper
- Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl., add salt and cream of tartar. Beat until rothy with a mixer at hight speed. Add granulated sugar gradually. Beat until soft peaks form 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place egg yolks in asmall bowl and stir with a fork. Add extracts. Fold into egg whites. Gradually fold in flour. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Beat Whipping cream and granulated sugar with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate. Combine mascarpone cheese and confectioners' sugar, beat with mixer at medium speed. Blend in ricotta cheese. Add vanilla lemon zest and 1/3 cup lemon curd; mix well. Fold in whipped cream.
- To prepare topping, spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons filling into remaining lemoncur in jar. Set aside.
- Glaze: combine lemon liqueur and lemonade.
- Assemble: remove parchement paper from cake. Using a serrated knife, carefully slice into three layers. Brush first laywer with 1/4 cup glaze and spread with 1 1/2 cups filling. Top with second layer and brush on 1/4 cupl glaze and spread with 1 1/2 cups filling. Top with third layer and brush on remaining glaze. Spread top with leom curd topping. Frost sides with remaining filling.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, dust cake with confections' sugar and garnish with lemon slices.
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More