- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 8 oz. softened butter
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2/3 cup ground sugar
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 300 deg. F. Line a 12 cupcake tray with cupcake papers.
- Beat butter, cream cheese, lemon rind, sugar and eggs until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Sift the two flours and fold into the cake mixture. Beat well.
- Divide the mixture equally between the 12 cup cases and bake for 20 minutes.
- How about topping the cupcakes with lemon butter icing?
- To make a lemon butter icing, cream butter in a bowl until very soft. Gradually add in confectioner's sugar and beat into the butter, along with lemon zest and enough lemon juice to soften the icing, to a spreadable consistency. Spread on top of each cupcake once they have cooled.
NotesScrumptious, moist lemon cupcakes flavored with lemon zest and a lemon butter icing
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Chili Roasted Potatoes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes
Best Banana BreadSee More