- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 8 oz. softened butter
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2/3 cup ground sugar
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 300 deg. F. Line a 12 cupcake tray with cupcake papers.
- Beat butter, cream cheese, lemon rind, sugar and eggs until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Sift the two flours and fold into the cake mixture. Beat well.
- Divide the mixture equally between the 12 cup cases and bake for 20 minutes.
- How about topping the cupcakes with lemon butter icing?
- To make a lemon butter icing, cream butter in a bowl until very soft. Gradually add in confectioner's sugar and beat into the butter, along with lemon zest and enough lemon juice to soften the icing, to a spreadable consistency. Spread on top of each cupcake once they have cooled.
NotesScrumptious, moist lemon cupcakes flavored with lemon zest and a lemon butter icing
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More