- Cooking Time: 15-18 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro), reserve the stems
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 of a head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 8 peppercorns, crushed
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion, green onion, ginger and garlic.
- Saute until translucent. Add the flour and saute for another minute or two.
- Add the vegetable stock, coriander stems, cabbage, and carrots and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the peppercorn. Add 1/2 of the chopped coriander. Reduce heat and cook for five to ten minutes.
- Strain the veggies out and set them aside (they've done their job....send them home). Return the broth to the pan and heat. Add lemon juice and salt to taste. Return to a boil. Garnish with the remaining coriander and serve.
NotesI needed a gentle, soothing soup. This recipe was brought to my attention and I love it! Not only did it meet my requirements but it is extremely simple and quick to make
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Food Travels Through Italy
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More