- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 12-16
- Preparation Time: 10
- 150g butter or polyunsaturated spread
- 100g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Light Brown soft sugar
- 3 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 50g sultanas
- 2 unwaxed lemons, finely grated zest, juice 1 lemon
- 1 tsp grated root ginger
- 125g jumbo oats
- 125g rolled oats (porridge)
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160Cfan) gas 4. Grease and line a shallow 20cm square tin with parchment or greaseproof paper.
- Put the butter or spread, Tate & Lyle sugar and Lyle’s Golden Syrup into a medium pan, add the sultanas, lemon zest and juice and grated ginger, heat gently until melted. Stir in the both lots of oats. Turn into the tin, level and press the mixture evenly and firmly with the back of a spoon. Bake for 30
- minutes, or until just golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes then cut into 12 or 16 pieces whilst still warm. Cool completely before turning out onto a board and cutting again with a sharp knife.
NotesWhether it is the appeal of the make-do-and-mend culture that out grandmothers knew, the return of the popularity of the humble cup cake, or the new trend for artists to use food as a medium for art such as the Cake Britain exhibition, there is no denying that baking is back. Three quarters of families with young children now bake together every month. Lorna Rhodes has teamed up with Lyle’s Golden Syrup to show how parents can teach their children about baking. First recipe in the frame is the flapjack. Flapjacks are perfect for parents and children to develop their cooking skills and enjoy results which taste great every time.
To learn more about the magic of Lyle’s visit the new website: www.lylesgoldensyrup.com
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More