- Cooking Time:
- Servings: About 30 small madeleine
- Preparation Time:
- 3 eggs
- 100g/3.5 oz. sugar
- 150g/5.5 oz. flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 120g/4.2 oz. butter
- 1 large unwaxed lemon
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or in the microwave (don’t put your oven on HIGH and work in 30-40 seconds blasts – it will keep the butter from melting too fast and “exploding” in your oven), and allow to cool down. Cooling down the butter will prevent the eggs from cooking when mixed with the butter.
- Zest and juice your lemon.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until the mixture is foamy and white. If you can, use your food processor on low-medium speed with the whisk attachment. This will allow you to get your eggs beaten while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and incorporate delicately into the egg mix.
- Slowly add the melted butter, then the lemon juice and the zest.
- Cover your bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven at 220°C/425°F. It’s the difference of temperature between the refrigerator and the oven that creates the famous bump.
- Grease and flour your tins if needed, and fill them up to ¾. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, then lower the temperature to 190°C/375°F and bake for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Allow to cool before turning out of the tin and diving in!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More