- Cooking Time:
- Servings: About 30 small madeleine
- Preparation Time:
- 3 eggs
- 100g/3.5 oz. sugar
- 150g/5.5 oz. flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 120g/4.2 oz. butter
- 1 large unwaxed lemon
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or in the microwave (don’t put your oven on HIGH and work in 30-40 seconds blasts – it will keep the butter from melting too fast and “exploding” in your oven), and allow to cool down. Cooling down the butter will prevent the eggs from cooking when mixed with the butter.
- Zest and juice your lemon.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until the mixture is foamy and white. If you can, use your food processor on low-medium speed with the whisk attachment. This will allow you to get your eggs beaten while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and incorporate delicately into the egg mix.
- Slowly add the melted butter, then the lemon juice and the zest.
- Cover your bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven at 220°C/425°F. It’s the difference of temperature between the refrigerator and the oven that creates the famous bump.
- Grease and flour your tins if needed, and fill them up to ¾. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, then lower the temperature to 190°C/375°F and bake for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Allow to cool before turning out of the tin and diving in!
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Baked Baby Reds
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Classic Blue Cheese DressingSee More