- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup poppyseeds
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In mixer bowl, mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and lemon extract until fluffy. Beat 5 minutes on high speed.
- On low speed, mix in flour, poppyseeds, baking powder and salt alternately with milk. Pour into pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until pick inserted in center comes out clean, and cake starts to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool on rack, remove from pan.
- Spread frosting on top half of cool cake, and enjoy!
NotesI had a desire for a bundt cake, and a pantry inexplicably full of poppyseeds, so I adapted Betty Crocker's Bonnie Butter Cake to make this lemony delight.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More