- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup poppyseeds
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In mixer bowl, mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and lemon extract until fluffy. Beat 5 minutes on high speed.
- On low speed, mix in flour, poppyseeds, baking powder and salt alternately with milk. Pour into pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until pick inserted in center comes out clean, and cake starts to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool on rack, remove from pan.
- Spread frosting on top half of cool cake, and enjoy!
NotesI had a desire for a bundt cake, and a pantry inexplicably full of poppyseeds, so I adapted Betty Crocker's Bonnie Butter Cake to make this lemony delight.
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More