- Cooking Time: 2 to 3 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 to 15 minutes
- 1 cup sugar (can reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup water (for the simple syrup)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3 to 4 cups cold water (to dilute)
- Make simple syrup by heating the sugar and water in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- While the sugar is dissolving, use a juicer to extract the juice from 4 to 6 lemons, enough for one cup of juice.
- Add the juice and the sugar water to a pitcher. Add 3 to 4 cups of cold water, more or less to the desired strength. Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes. If the lemonade is a little sweet for your taste, add a little more straight lemon juice to it.
- Serve with ice, sliced lemons.
NotesJust a great "Starter" because you can add fruits and juices to make a spectacular punch for brunch etc. I have also added Maraschino Cherries and Orange slices. If its going to be really hot, I will twist the lemons and or Oranges and drop a few cherries into small plastic cups fill with water and freeze. It makes for a very pretty combination. This recipe is easily increased depending on the amount of servings you want.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More