- Cooking Time: 2 to 3 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 to 15 minutes
- 1 cup sugar (can reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup water (for the simple syrup)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3 to 4 cups cold water (to dilute)
- Make simple syrup by heating the sugar and water in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- While the sugar is dissolving, use a juicer to extract the juice from 4 to 6 lemons, enough for one cup of juice.
- Add the juice and the sugar water to a pitcher. Add 3 to 4 cups of cold water, more or less to the desired strength. Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes. If the lemonade is a little sweet for your taste, add a little more straight lemon juice to it.
- Serve with ice, sliced lemons.
NotesJust a great "Starter" because you can add fruits and juices to make a spectacular punch for brunch etc. I have also added Maraschino Cherries and Orange slices. If its going to be really hot, I will twist the lemons and or Oranges and drop a few cherries into small plastic cups fill with water and freeze. It makes for a very pretty combination. This recipe is easily increased depending on the amount of servings you want.