- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free buttermilk
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cake, place first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 5 minutes). Add eggs and egg whites, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; stir well with a whisk. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat well after each addition.
- Pour batter into 2 (9-inch) round cake pans coated with cooking spray; sharply tap pans once on counter to remove air bubbles. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Place 1 cake layer on a plate; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Store cake loosely covered in the refrigerator.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Castello Cheese: Unlock Your Inner Chef (Inspired by Burnt, the Film)See More
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
Apple Honey Custard Pie
Tortellini CarbonaraSee More