- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Makes 6 to 8 Servings, or 12 to 16 balls
- What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb. of ground turkey (I use dark meat)
- ¾ cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger, approximately 1 inch of ginger root
- 2 tablespoons of finely minced lemongrass, 1 stalk
- 2 limes, zested
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons of salt
- ¾ teaspoon of ground pepper
- About ½ cup of olive oil
- For the sauce:
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons of red curry paste (I use Masri brand)
- 1 small shallot, sliced or minced
- What to Do:
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. In a large bowl combine turkey, panko, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, lime zest, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands, making sure everything is well incorporated.
- 3. Shape the mixture into golf ball sized small meatballs. Place meatballs on baking sheet and put in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- 4. While the meatballs finish, place the onions in another small saucepan over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Let onions soften while continuously stirring for about 5 minutes. Add curry paste and continue to stir for about 2 minutes or until the mixture becomes fragrant.
- 6. Add the coconut milk and stir to incorporate the curry. Season with salt and pepper to taste and let simmer and thicken for 10 minutes.
- 7. Serve meatballs over rice, rice noodles, or pasta with drizzled sauce and a fresh herb garnish: dress cilantro, mint, and basil with a squeeze of lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
NotesThese Asian-inspired meatballs are a nice departure from their Italian cousins. Easy, quick, and super filling, these meatballs are a great make-ahead meal for the week. Just reheat at the end of a long day and add the luscious sauce. Another option would be to make a Bahn Mi sandwich by adding some cucumber, cilantro, basil, mint, shredded carrots, and Sriracha mayonnaise on a crusty baguette.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Get Cookin'See More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More