- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups (packed) basil leaves and small sprigs
- 1 cup (packed) cilantro leaves and small sprigs
- 1 cup (packed) mint leaves and small sprigs
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cold club soda
- Lemon twists and mint sprigs, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water and sugar and bring to a boil, stirring with a wooden spoon until the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the heat to moderate and simmer for 5 minutes; let the sugar syrup cool.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the sugar syrup with the basil, cilantro, mint, tarragon, lemon zest and lemon juice and puree.
- Let stand for 1 hour, then strain through a coarse sieve, pressing on the solids with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible.
- For each drink, pour 1/4 cup of the fresh herb syrup over cracked ice and fill with club soda. Garnish the drinks with a lemon twist and mint sprigs and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More