- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups cut-up fruit (use a variety of fruit -- whatever is in season)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemons, zest of
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine fruit in a bowl.
- Use a mixture of fruit-- about 1/2 cup of each. Combine water, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice in a small saucepan.
- Stir to dissolve cornstarch.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat.
- Add lemon zest and vanilla.
- Allow sauce to cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour sauce over fruit.
- Mix well.
- Chill in fridge until serving time.
An example of fruit mixture: cut-up peaches, apricots, apples, melon, orange segments, blueberries, halved seedless grapes, quartered strawberries, etc.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More