- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ox tongue
- 2 kalamansi(calamondin)juice or 1 lemon (juice)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5 garlic, minced
- 2 medium onion
- 1/3 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp peppercorn
- ¼ cup white wine
- enough water to cover tongue
- Mushroom sauce:
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup mushroom, sliced
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- strained stock from tongue
- Rub tongue with salt and vinegar. -Rinse and boil for 5 minutes.
- Scrape white coating on surface. Marinate in kalamansi juice and soy sauce for 1 hour.
- Brown in olive oil. Put back the tongue and blend the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into large saucepan, bring to a boil then lower heat. Simmer for 3 hours or until tongue is tender. Strain stock and set aside. Slice tongue and arrange on a platter.
- Prepare mushroom sauce: Cook mushroom in butter strain and set aside.Add in the flour to make a roux. Add in the reserved stock from tongue and cooked mushrooms boil until thickened. (coats the back of a spoon).
Koken met Oma
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Pho - Vietnamese Beef Noodle
Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Jim's Easy Vegetable Green Thai CurrySee More