- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup lentils, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- pepper to taste
- 4 cups steamed vegetables, such as broccoli, carrot sticks, green beans and sliced leeks
- In a large heavy saucepan heat olive oil and saute garlic and shallots. Do not allow to brown.
- Add rice and lentils. Saute 3 minutes.
- Add water and salt.
- Bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer over low heat 40 minutes. (maybe a little less)
- Remove from heat and let sit 15 minutes without removing lid.
- Stir in chives.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Serve with veggies. Enjoy!
NotesSo easy to put together, from one of Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal cookbooks, but I changed it a little to suit my taste.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy LifeSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More