- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup brown or green lentils
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 large cloves chopped garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, combine the lentils, carrots, onion, garlic, bay leaf, and thyme.
- Add enough water to cover the ingredients by at least an inch. Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered until lentils are soft but not mushy. Drain and discard the bay leaf. Add the lemon juice, celery, parsley, salt, and pepper and toss. Serve at room temperature.
- Variation: You could add ½ a cup of chopped hard-boiled eggs to the salad just before serving.
NotesIf you are looking out for a completely vegetarian salad, your search just ended. A delicious, high protein salad that doesn't use even a drop of oil. Truly healthy!
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More