- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (or ground cumin)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon oil (safflower, olive oil, etc.)
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced (small dice)
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup red lentils, rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Harissa or other hot pepper paste, to taste (optional)
- Lemon juice, to taste (optional)
- Fresh coriander, to garnish (optional)
- In a saucepan, brown the onions, garlic, cumin, coriander and turmeric in the oil. Add the carrots and cook for 1 minute. Add the vegetable broth, lentils, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes. With a hand mixer, blend half the soup (optional). Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve. In each bowl, add a drop or two of harissa and lemon juice and top with a few fresh coriander leaves as a garnish (optional).
NotesThis is a quick lentil soup- just quick and tasty enough for those days where you're just plain running out of time!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More