- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ c. dried split green peas
- ¼ c. dried split yellow peas
- ¼ c. pearled barley
- ½ c. dried red lentils
- ¼ c. dried, minced onion
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ c. long grain rice
- ½ c. elbow macaroni
- Layer ingredients in this order in a 1 quart, wide mouth jar.
- When ready to cook, remove pasta and set aside.
- Brown 1 lb. ground beef or turkey and drain.
- Add to a stockpot with 3 quarts water or chicken stock, 1 28 oz. can diced tomato, and remaining soup mix.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Simmer covered for 45 minutes.
- Add pasta, cook 15 more minutes.
NotesAnother fun and inexpensive teacher gift!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More