- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ c. dried split green peas
- ¼ c. dried split yellow peas
- ¼ c. pearled barley
- ½ c. dried red lentils
- ¼ c. dried, minced onion
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ c. long grain rice
- ½ c. elbow macaroni
- Layer ingredients in this order in a 1 quart, wide mouth jar.
- When ready to cook, remove pasta and set aside.
- Brown 1 lb. ground beef or turkey and drain.
- Add to a stockpot with 3 quarts water or chicken stock, 1 28 oz. can diced tomato, and remaining soup mix.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Simmer covered for 45 minutes.
- Add pasta, cook 15 more minutes.
NotesAnother fun and inexpensive teacher gift!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More