- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 tb olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 links fully cooked chicken sausage, sliced
- 2T balsamic vinegar, divided
- 14oz can diced tomatoes
- pinch of dried basil
- freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 3/4 cup water
- 5 oz fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- Heat about 1T olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook for about 5-8 minutes, until softened.
- Add 1T balsamic vinegar, garlic, chicken sausage, crushed red pepper, basil, salt and pepper and sauté 1-2 minutes more.
- Add the lentils, canned tomatoes, and water, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook 10 minutes more, until spinach is wilted and lentils are tender.
- Stir in remaining 1T of balsamic vinegar, and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Delightful DessertsSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More