LENTIL SALAD WITH PEAS AND GREEN BEANS
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 8 oz. green beans, cut into 2-in segments
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 olive oil (or hazelnut oil)
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar (I used 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice)
- 1 shallot, chopped (I just used onion)
- black pepper
- optional: goat cheese (4 oz crumbled)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it.
add the lentils and boil (reduced to medium) 7-10 min (when the lentils are just beginning to soften.
Add green beans and cook 5 more min.
Add peas and cook 1 more min.
When lentils are tender, not mushy, transfer everything to a colander and rinse under cold running water and drain well.
Transfer the lentil mixture to a large bowl and add oil, vinegar, shallot and plenty of salt and pepper.
You can make a day ahead and refrigerate. bring to room temp before adding optional goat cheese right before serving.