- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 8 oz. green beans, cut into 2-in segments
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 olive oil (or hazelnut oil)
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar (I used 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice)
- 1 shallot, chopped (I just used onion)
- black pepper
- optional: goat cheese (4 oz crumbled)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it.
- add the lentils and boil (reduced to medium) 7-10 min (when the lentils are just beginning to soften.
- Add green beans and cook 5 more min.
- Add peas and cook 1 more min.
- When lentils are tender, not mushy, transfer everything to a colander and rinse under cold running water and drain well.
- Transfer the lentil mixture to a large bowl and add oil, vinegar, shallot and plenty of salt and pepper.
- You can make a day ahead and refrigerate. bring to room temp before adding optional goat cheese right before serving.
NotesWow--just made this Bittman recipe and it is awesome! Added lemon juice (not in recipe)
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage Holiday Hoagie
Butternut Squash Medley
coffee toffee cookiesSee More