- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 8 oz. green beans, cut into 2-in segments
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 olive oil (or hazelnut oil)
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar (I used 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice)
- 1 shallot, chopped (I just used onion)
- black pepper
- optional: goat cheese (4 oz crumbled)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it.
- add the lentils and boil (reduced to medium) 7-10 min (when the lentils are just beginning to soften.
- Add green beans and cook 5 more min.
- Add peas and cook 1 more min.
- When lentils are tender, not mushy, transfer everything to a colander and rinse under cold running water and drain well.
- Transfer the lentil mixture to a large bowl and add oil, vinegar, shallot and plenty of salt and pepper.
- You can make a day ahead and refrigerate. bring to room temp before adding optional goat cheese right before serving.
NotesWow--just made this Bittman recipe and it is awesome! Added lemon juice (not in recipe)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More