- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 200 grams or more of lentils, red, green, yellow
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 leeks chopped
- 1 Large potatoe cubed
- 2 stalks of celery pref from the heart chopped
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 turnip grated
- 1 pint Soup Stock or bullion cubes
- 1 boquet garnet
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot melt 1-2 knobs of butter(Substitute teaspoons of oil) sautee onions until clear. Add remaining veg and lightly warm or brown edges. Throw in the herbs and spices. Add 1-2 cups boiling water with bullion and stir until it dissolve. Alternately you can add soup stock instead of water, and you bring this to a slow boil on the stove. Once you hit a rolling boil back it down to a low heat, simmer and add lentils. cook for about 40 miniutes. Start tasting it at 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
- serve with crusty bread and butter and a huge dessert.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Crevettes de Matane
Bavarian CheesecakeSee More