- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 head lettuce (washed,dried very well)
- 1 bag frozen peas (med. size bag-rinsed & patted dry really well)
- 1 can water chestnuts (drained well)
- 2 bunches green onions
- 2 cups cubed cheddar cheese or cheese crumbles
- 1 1/2-2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups hellman's mayonnaise
- After lettuce is thoroughly dried, tear into pieces in put in large bowl.
- I use a trifle dish.
- On top of lettuce add the green onion, celery, water chestnuts, and uncooked frozen peas, in layers.
- Do not mix.
- Over the top, spread mayo over the entire top of the salad.
- Cover tightly and place in fridge until the next day.
- Just before serving, add the cheese to the salad and mix well.
Don't add salt as it will draw moisture and salad will have liquid in it by the serve time. Prepare this salad the day before you want to serve it. It just isn't as good made the morning of.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Vegetarian RecipesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More