- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryFeaturing: lettuce, radishes and/or turnips
This is yet another quick salad - the dressing was passed on to me by my grandmother and I simply love it! You can adapt the salad by adding your favourite crunchy veggies (grated or sliced).
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- A pinch of ground paprika (optional)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sunflower oil (or other neutral oil of your choice)
- 1 head lettuce, torn
- 8 radishes or 3 white turnips, sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced at an angle
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of chickpeas, cooked, drained and rinsed (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk vinegar and mustard with a pinch each of salt, pepper, and paprika. While whisking, add oils in a slow, steady stream to emulsify.
- Toss dressing with lettuce, radishes, scallion, and chickpeas. Top with avocado and serve.
Recipes Worth Counter Surfing For - Vizsla Owners Best Loved Recipes
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Scalloped Potatoes And Ham
Fresh Summer Pasta Salad
H2ohh-my Bbq SauceSee More