- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- A pinch of ground paprika (optional)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sunflower oil (or other neutral oil of your choice)
- 1 head lettuce, torn
- 8 radishes or 3 white turnips, sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced at an angle
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of chickpeas, cooked, drained and rinsed (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk vinegar and mustard with a pinch each of salt, pepper, and paprika. While whisking, add oils in a slow, steady stream to emulsify.
- Toss dressing with lettuce, radishes, scallion, and chickpeas. Top with avocado and serve.
NotesFeaturing: lettuce, radishes and/or turnips
This is yet another quick salad - the dressing was passed on to me by my grandmother and I simply love it! You can adapt the salad by adding your favourite crunchy veggies (grated or sliced).
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More