- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryI got this recipe from Lexie Croft of Lexie's Kitchen.
This was Recipe #9 in the 'Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid" event.
These incredible gluten free, dairy free, soy free, sugar free, vegan scones are absolutely superb. Just TRY stopping at one! I served mine with some of my 5 minute homemade vegan raspberry jam and I was a happy little piggy. Do yourself a favour and don't give this recipe a miss. The title "Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Sugar free, Allergy Free Vegan Magic" speaks for itself.
See Lexie Croft's original recipe post for more information about this recipe.
Learn more about Lexie at Lexie's Kitchen.
- In your stand mixer container, add in this order and set aside:
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla hemp milk (or other non-dairy vegan milk)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra light olive oil
- 1 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
- 8 drops SweetLeaf® Vanilla Creme liquid stevia drops.
- In a large bowl, combine:
- 1 cup almond flour (I use Honeyville® or make your own)
- 2 cups BOB’S RED MILL® All Purpose Gluten Free Baking Flour (or make your own)
- 2 Tbsp flaxmeal
- 1/2 tsp xanthan
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (sifted if lumpy) or evaporated cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup mini vegan chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life®) **Optional
- Mix the wet ingredients on a low speed in your stand mixer until just combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredient mixture until just combined.
- Remove from the stand mixer and stir in your optional chocolate chips.
- Roll dough out onto a floured surface (rice flour works well for this)
- Divide dough in half.
- With moistened hands, gently form a ball with one half of the dough and practice your softball pitch straight onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Throw dough down onto cookie sheet with a thwack!
- These should make a 1-2 inch thick disk.
- Gently flatten a bit more to create a 1-inch thick disk.
- Repeat with second half of dough.
- With a sharp, wet knife, cut each disk into six pie-shaped wedges.
- Gently nudge apart to create a 1/4 inch gap between each slice.
- Gently brush tops with vegan non-dairy milk.
- Bake at for about 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly on a cooling rack before serving with jam and vegan cream. YUMMO!