- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell (can sub w/gluten free crust)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and place pie plate on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and add the pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie shell set on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F and then bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Top with whipped cream before serving.
NotesPumpkin is such a hot ingredient these days and what better way to use it than in a classic pie? Probably the most popular pie recipe I've come across is this one for Libby's Pumpkin Pie. It's a recipe right off the label of Libby's canned pumpkin and I've been making it for years because it's pretty straightforward and classic. Besides, why mess with a classic?!...
This pumpkin pie recipe is probably one you'll see quite often among food blogs or better yet, enjoy on your holiday table this year. Straight to the point with no frills, it's a great recipe and so easy too. The hard part is waiting for the pie to cool before enjoying! For my gluten free friends, if you can find a gluten free prepared pie crust (or make it yourself), you can enjoy this pie and eat it too!