- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10 to 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 9-inch pound cake, (homemade or purchased) cut into bite size pieces
- 2 pints strawberries (washed, patted dry and sliced)
- 2 pints blueberries (washed and patted dry)
- 2 packages (4 serving size) instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar, or to taste
- n a medium bowl combine the pudding, the milk and the sour cream. Beat or whisk for two minutes. Set aside for five minutes.
- Cover the bottom of a 3 - 4 quart trifle bowl with one-half of the cake. Spoon one-half of the pudding, evenly, over the cake. Arrange the strawberries, evenly, over the pudding. Repeat layering using the remaining cake, pudding and blueberries. Cover top of bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- At serving time, remove trifle from refrigerator and remove plastic wrap.
- In a medium bowl, beat whipping cream and sugar to stiff peaks. Spread 3/4 of the cream, evenly, over the top of trifle. Spoon the remaining cream into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tube. Pipe rosettes of whipped cream around edge of trifle.
- If desired, garnish top of trifle with additional strawberries, blueberries and/or other appropriate decorations.
- Return any unserved trifle, covered, to the refrigerator.
NotesI make this trifle every July 4th