- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 c unsalted butter (2 sticks) at room temperature
- 4 c sifted powdered sugar (1 lb) good quality, the less expensive is gritty
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk or half and half
- tiny pinch of salt
- In a stand mixer on low speed beat the butter gradually adding the powdered sugar then the vanilla, milk and salt.
- Increase the speed to medium high and beat 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl. Return to med-high speed and beat until light and creamy, about 1 and 1/2 minutes.
NotesThis recipe came from an article in The Oregonian on higher-fat-content butters. My family and I tried it with regular butter and a higher-fat European-style butter and we liked it both ways, most especially when it was made with Tillamook butter!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Black and White Cupcakes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
Barbecued BeefSee More