- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 c unsalted butter (2 sticks) at room temperature
- 4 c sifted powdered sugar (1 lb) good quality, the less expensive is gritty
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk or half and half
- tiny pinch of salt
- In a stand mixer on low speed beat the butter gradually adding the powdered sugar then the vanilla, milk and salt.
- Increase the speed to medium high and beat 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl. Return to med-high speed and beat until light and creamy, about 1 and 1/2 minutes.
NotesThis recipe came from an article in The Oregonian on higher-fat-content butters. My family and I tried it with regular butter and a higher-fat European-style butter and we liked it both ways, most especially when it was made with Tillamook butter!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MidLife Road Trip's
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More