- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 35
- Thin spaghetti noodles (about 8 ounces)
- Medium-Large zucchini
- Medium yellow squash
- Small yellow salad tomatoes (about 1.5 cups)
- Roma tomatoes (about 6)
- EVOO (about 3 Tbsp)
- Garlic cloves (about 3)
- Fresh herbs (about a half cup loosely packed garden herbs. I like basil, oregano and sage)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Set a pot of salted water on to boil. While waiting for the pasts to boil, prepare the vegetables.
- Use the julienne peeler to cut thin strips from the surface of both the zucchini and the summer squash. I usually go about 4 passes deep before rotating. Set the peeled squash aside for a different use
- Cut the salad tomatoes in halves or quarters depending on size. Halve and seed roma tomatoes before dicing shells.
- By now your water should be boiling. Go ahead and add your pasta to the water. Refer to the package for proper al dente cooking time. (usually about 5 minutes). While your pasta is cooking, heat the EVOO in a large skillet. Press your garlic cloves into the oil and saute about 3 minutes. Roughly dice or snip with scissors your herbs. Saute with the garlic until just wilted.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet with the garlic, herbs and oil. Drizzle the juice of one lemon ove the top. Toss to to coat.
- Add zucchini and squash strips and dice tomatoes. Continue tossing while cooking on medium low heat until the zucchini is warm and pliable.
- Serve warm topped with grated Parmesan cheese for garnish.
NotesThis dish is a light pasta primavera and is chock full of veggies.
To see a full visual tutorial for how to make this recipe, please visit Creative Green Living at: http://www.creativegreenliving.com/2013/09/light-healthy-summer-pasta-primavera.html
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More