- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix (I usually try to use a "moist" labeled chocolate mix)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 can Diet Coke
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- Vanilla extract - to taste
- Mix cake mix with egg whites & diet coke
- Follow cooking directions on the cake mix box - I have made this in both muffin tins for cupcakes (which is good for portion control) & as a whole cake
- Mix Cool Whip with approximately 1 tsp. vanilla extract (or to taste) - I haven't measured the extract....I just eye ball it
- When the cake/cupcakes are cooled top with the Cool Whip
NotesI got this recipe from a Weight Watchers meeting I was attending & made it for both Thanksgiving & Christmas Eve dinners (as well as some other times), it was enjoyed at both occassions. The cake has a nice chocolate flavor, but isn't too heavy after such big meals.
Instead of using the oil or whole eggs in the batter, this recipe uses a can of soda & egg whites - it may sound odd (as it did with my dad), but it tastes very good.