- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16 pcs
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg.yeast
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup scalded milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 3-1/4 cups flour
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water, add one teaspoon sugar, set aside.
- Put shortening, salt, 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl. Add scalded milk and stir until shortening is dissolved. Cool to lukewarm. Add egg, yeast and flour, beat with wooden spoon until smooth. Cover and let rise until light.
- Punch down and let rise again until light.
- Pinch pieces of dough off and put into greased muffin tins, brush with melted butter, cover and let rise until light.
- Bake in 375º oven for 12-18 minutes.
- When done, brush with butter while hot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More