- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16 pcs
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg.yeast
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup scalded milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 3-1/4 cups flour
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water, add one teaspoon sugar, set aside.
- Put shortening, salt, 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl. Add scalded milk and stir until shortening is dissolved. Cool to lukewarm. Add egg, yeast and flour, beat with wooden spoon until smooth. Cover and let rise until light.
- Punch down and let rise again until light.
- Pinch pieces of dough off and put into greased muffin tins, brush with melted butter, cover and let rise until light.
- Bake in 375º oven for 12-18 minutes.
- When done, brush with butter while hot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Cooking for a Cure
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More