- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5 cups
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup granulated Splenda
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine berries, sugar and lemon juice in a mixing bowl, stir and let sit for 4 hours, stirring occasionally to dissolve Splenda.
- Drain off and reserve blueberry syrup.
- Combine a small amount of syrup to cornstarch to make a paste, then whisk cornstarch paste back into syrup.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the sauce thickens. Stir in the drained berries and almond extract.
- Cool, and store in sterilized, airtight jars or freeze in heavy freezer bags.
- I use vanilla extract instead of the almond.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Recipes for Vitality
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More