- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5 cups
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup granulated Splenda
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine berries, sugar and lemon juice in a mixing bowl, stir and let sit for 4 hours, stirring occasionally to dissolve Splenda.
- Drain off and reserve blueberry syrup.
- Combine a small amount of syrup to cornstarch to make a paste, then whisk cornstarch paste back into syrup.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the sauce thickens. Stir in the drained berries and almond extract.
- Cool, and store in sterilized, airtight jars or freeze in heavy freezer bags.
- I use vanilla extract instead of the almond.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Great Everyday Meals
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More