- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 C jasmine rice, uncooked
- 2 1/4 C water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp saffron, crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp salt (yup another one...)
- 1 TBLS olive oil
- 1 1/2 C onion, diced
- 4 tsp hot curry powder
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger root, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 serrano chiles, seeded and minced
- 2 C plain yogurt (do not use non-fat)
- 1 C golden seedless raisins
- 1 C dry-roasted cashews, chopped
- 1/2 C fresh cilantro
- In a rice cooker, combine jasmine rice, water, 1 tsp salt, saffron and cinnamon stick.
- Cook according to rice cooker directions.
- Season chicken with 1/2 tsp salt and saute in olive oil.
- When lightly browned, remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add onion, 1/2 tsp salt, hot curry powder, cardamom, ginger, garlic and serranos to pan and saute until tender. (careful of the chile fumes)
- Add yogurt and whisk until well combined.
- Add chicken and raisins.
- Cook until heated through.
- Remove cinnamon stick from rice and discard.
- Stir rice into chicken mixture until well combined.
- Sprinkle with cashews and cilantro.
- **Note... I recommend using Full Fat Plain Yogurt in this recipe for a creamier texture.
NotesI made this in an effort have our family start eating healthier. I tweaked it from a Cooking Light recipe. It's so spicy and flavorful, you forget you're being good!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More